Center for MEDICS offers two paramedic programs each year, one that starts in January and one that starts in July. You must be an EMT-B to apply. Both programs run for eleven and a half months, allowing you to achieve certification within one year.
The July class meets on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 0800-1700 and Thursdays from 1700-2130. The January class meets on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 0800-1700 and Wednesdays from 1700-2130.
The last twenty weeks of both programs are dedicated to clinical practicum and field internships. Students continue to attend classes on Wednesday (for January starts) or Thursday (for July starts) nights but are given a more flexible schedule outside class times to accommodate field internships and clinical rotations.
A non-refundable application fee of $75 is required before the interview. Tuition cost is $13,995. The paramedic program tuition provides each student with:
- his or her own iPad
- electronic textbooks
- required uniforms
- malpractice insurance
- drug testing (as required by the clinical sites)
- 24-hour access to the training facility
- access to our medical resource library
- student lab and extra help sessions
- clinical internship placement and appropriate credentialing
- clinical rotations that allow the student to meet all clinical competency requirements through patient assessment and skill performance
- field internship placement
- eleven in-class certifications, including CPR, ACLS, PALS, AMLS, PHTLS, CEVO, FCCS, EMS Safety, CPR instructor, S.T.A.B.L.E. and Difficult Airway Course.
Graduation fees are included as well. Within 11 months of starting the CFM program, all successful students will be eligible to complete the NREMT Paramedic Practical exam. Payment options include check, cash, credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express), purchase order from a town, fire department, or employer, the GI Bill® or TuitionFlex.
Center for MEDICS is an approved institution for veterans’ educational benefits. For specific information on how the GI Bill® works, and to apply for benefits, please visit the United States Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill® Site at http://gibill.va.gov/.
Students who terminate enrollment (including voluntary resignation, illness, suspension, or involuntary resignation or dismissal) may be eligible for a refund in accordance with our current policies.